October 8th

08-10-2018

Happy Thanksgiving.

I was very prepared this year.
Almost everything was prepped.
Almost everything was planned.
Then I got up at 10,
Made a yummy from scratch gravy,
And got the beef and gravy
Into my largest crock pot.

Then I went back to bed!!!

I got up at noon,
Got cleaned and ready
And started to get stuff accomplished.
John was giving me a hand
And enjoying the beautiful day.

At 2pm I headed over
To set up the dining tables
At Valleyview for our dinner.

Dad met me in the front area,
And John arrived soon after.
I was thrilled with how it looked
And there was plenty of food too.

Mom and the kids
Arrived just as I finished
Lighting the candles.
The six of us sat and giggled,
And soon I was getting food
On the table and served.

The fall crackers snapped,
We soon had paper crowns on
And the corny jokes told.

Roast beef in gravy,
Mashed potatoes, turnip, peas,
Cream corn, squash and brussel sprouts
And fresh French bread
Was served to everyone
And some seconds too!

Mini holiday gifts opened and loved.
I cleared the table
And presented the 2 trays of tarts
And plate of pumpkin cookies.

Our day continued
With much laughter and silliness
We kept Dad entertained.
At 7:30 we started packing up
And saying our good byes.

By 8:30,
I was home, in pjs with dishwasher
Running AND all leftovers in the fridge.

I spent the late evening
With my feet up
And relaxing in an easy chair.

Tomorrow is a day of hope.
Hope to wake up pain free.
Hope to do a lot of post it note jobs.
Hope to create meals for the week.
Hope for nice weather.
Hope your day is beautiful.

Now bed.
Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts