October 28

28-10-2018

Happy Halloween week!

A busy day,
That just kept seeming
To be running later and later
With everything we did!

Alarm,
I slept through it.
John got us going though
And we made it to church on time.

Why did I sleep in?
See further down!

Today's mass was extended
Because there was a baptism
DURING the mass.
Weird, Judy had to be baptized
After mass was over.

So we were late getting to Valleyview
To do coffee this morning.
But,
I have this down to a science
And had everyone's cup full
And refilled where necessary
In good time.

Got all the furniture back in place,
I cannot believe how sloppy
Some people are!
If you drag an upholstered chair
To in front of the fireplace,
Or have brought Timmies in,
You would THINK that common sense
Says "Don't leave that"
But alas, pigs will be pigs
Even where Grandma or Grandpa lives.

One visitor I am sure left
Patting himself on the back
For or visiting someone today.
He walked in with a happy meal,
Went to the "lock up" wing
Which requires a password
Or to be let in,
Dropped it off and left.
It took him longer to enter
The exit code to get out,
Than the time he spent in Valleyview!

Mom's lunch today,
We had Harveys.
Dad happily ate his burger
Faster than the rest of us...
But he was tired,
So we all packed up.

I got his fall clothes all hung up
And took out a bunch of summer stuff.

We headed to the condo to drop off
Tink and measure windows for blinds.
Called Mom with the sizes
As she had headed out
For a couple things.

I was dropped off to start
My massive to do list.
Starting with plug in my phone
As it was dead.
Started packaging candles
For a Valleyview pop up store
In late November
Only to find out,
My printer was out of ink!
Ran back to Mom's to use hers,
Filled my empty Gas tank,
And went home to finish the job.

Prepped supper.
Roast beef in gravy, mashed potatoes,
Creamed corn, baby peas, warm buns
And apple crisp.

John, had run out to get paint
When he dropped me off.
He spent the afternoon in the shop,
Painting his motorcycle frame.

Candles all packaged,
I set the dinner table and started
Cleaning up the 22 ribbons
I made yesterday for wreaths,
Goal was 18 more tonight.

Mom arrived JUST as dinner
Was being put on the table.
Everyone was full and happy afterwards.
I loaded the dishwasher
After dinner and got it started
So the clean up was done too!

Mom stayed till much after 8
So I did not start on ribbons
Until after 9pm,
But
All 40 ribbons (goal for myself)
Are made and most are exquisite!

So,
Remember I said I slept in?!?!
Well,
Turns out, the cat knocked over
My medication box yesterday.
John just scooped up what fell out
And tossed it back in.
So,
In actuality, I took double doses
Of almost ALL my meds....
And I had to drank a couple
Alcoholic beverages last night....

Well John has finally finished soaking
The wood stove smell off
And it's time for bed.
Tomorrow is Remicade,
Ice cream meet up, and quilting night.

See Debbie.
See Debbie run.
Run Debbie run.
Go Debbie go.

It never ends.
Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts