October 17

17-10-2018

I did almost NOTHING
On my plan of attack list,
But did get a ton accomplished.

When I woke up
All I could think about
Was rolling over and sleeping more.
Rough night last night.

But,
I got up and dressed instead.
Thankfully,
What I was taking to LDO
Required no real packing,
Just bags and my tote.

I was only at LDO for 2 hours.
I split up 7 disney paper packs,
Organized about 200 new
Brads and buttons
For the 50 cent Items,
While chatting with the ladies.

Left there and bought new
Pillow forms,
And back to the house
To empty my car of the REST
Of what I bought while away!

That took nothing
And just as I was about to sit down,
And email from Giant Tiger
That my bookcase had arrived.
One of those leaning ladder style ones.

So instead of sitting,
I hopped in the car
And headed over for the pick up.
GT was having a good sale,
So I grabbed groceries too.
Also ran into a great birthday gift!

Off to the bank,
And to get my watch fixed.
Finally home again,
I ate some lunch,
Folded laundry....
Whew.

Headed into the kitchen.
It was a cook once and eat
For the rest of this week day.
I organized my dishes around the kitchen
And got going.

I started with ground beef,
And made a meat sauce with veggies.
Refrigerate.
Next I made a fresh tomato salsa
And a cheese sauce from scratch.
Layered those with macaronni
And a Mac and cheese casserole
Was ready too.
Refrigerate.
Made quick work
Of ingredients and wallah!
A macaronni salad.
Refrigerate.
Next I made a stuffing
To fill some pork chops,
And prepped the veggied
For that meal too.
Refrigerate.

Now clean up time.
Dishwasher loaded and running,
Counters all wiped down
Sink cleaneSS
And recycling and garbage gone.

I was going to sit,
But instead I straightened out
The front porch.
That's when I ran into
The bookcase box again.

Sat on the floor
And decided to put it together.
THAT took longer than expected.

Back to the kitchen,
Where I put out everything needed
For supper tonight,
And made a fresh pot of coffee.

Then off to quarterpalooza.
It was at the church on our street.
Set myself up,
And was the first winner....
Turns out, I also won the last prize too!

I walked home
And it was cooler than I expected.
Home, I found dinner made
And I was starved!

At 10 John was off to work,
And so was i.
I hand washed the dinner dishes,
Fine tune cleaned the main floor
And headed upstairs.

John had "sort of" made the bed,
So after fixing that
I put away my laundry
And gathered a load for tomorrow.

It is now almost 12:30.
I am entirely pooped.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts