dec14

December 14th 2016

Trivia for today:

It is estimated that the single “White Christmas” by Irving Berlin is the best selling single of all time, with over 100 million sales worldwide.

I think the idea
and the actual living through
a white Christmas
may be totally different pictures.

My favourite Christmas movie
of this season is White Christmas.

To this day the Betty Haynes dress
is my favourite that I have ever seen.

Image result for white christmas betty haynes black dress








White Christmas has been a part
of my Christmas since childhood,
when my mom and aunt(s) would
sing sisters on Christmas Eve.

Today starts the countdown.
My parents start moving
in just 5 days.

Dad is going back to Valleyview
for a month long respite stay
while we get the house
ready for living.
Appliances and furniture etc.

Mom will stay back,
in Beamsville so the movers
can pack up the house on dec 21st,
mom will officially move here
on the 22nd in a hotel
and the moving vans will arrive here
on dec 23rd at the new house.

I spent all of today
wrapping up a sewing project
a friend asked me to do for her.
It took the day
but the final product
looked pretty good.

I spent the later evening
relaxing o the sofa.
My knee is feeling pretty good
and I did not have to wear
the brace today.

I am not sure
what my holiday problem is this year.
I have my gifts wrapped,
have my plans in place,
but I have very little joy
about next week.
My very busy week begins:
Sunday is my day for baking tarts
and making homemade chocolates.
Sunday night is family dinner night.
Monday AM with Remicade,
and the arrival of my Dad.
Monday afternoon,
we have a final walk through
in the new house.
Tuesday I would like to get
a tree up (finally)
Wednesday is the LDO
Christmas potluck lunch and party.
Wednesday night it is
rice krispie making night.
Thursday AM I will be
taking my Dad out to shop,
and lunch at White Oaks Mall.
Thursday night my mother arrives.
Friday I will be at the new house
with the movers,
helping place furniture and boxes
for the whole day likely.
Saturday is Christmas Eve,
and I will have a family celebration
starting in the afternoon.
A house party in the evening
and midnight mass.

Made some chili for the family,
and got the dishes all done.
Now I think
I will turn in with a comic book.

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts