dec7

December 7th 2016

YAY more Christmas trivia


Because they viewed Christmas as a decadent Catholic holiday, the Puritans in America banned all Christmas celebrations from 1659-1681 with a penalty of five shillings for each offense. Some Puritan leaders condemned those who favored Christmas as enemies of the Christian religion.

Oh my!
5 shillings per offense
could add up
for a person who puts up
a lot of trees,
buys everyone she knows gifts
or sends out over 200 cards a year!


Image result for 5 shillings


Today had a weird start.
I got up, got dressed,
came downstairs and posted
in the daily organized Christmas.
I was chatting with the girls,
when I realized
I was nauseated, exhausted
and too tired to stay up.
I actually went back to bed.
I fell right back to sleep
and only slept for 15 more minutes,
but
I felt 100% better.
How can 15 minutes make
such a big difference?

I popped over
and had a lovely chat
with my neighbours,
and then headed off to LDO...
where I accomplished absolutely
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
I had a great visit,
ate lunch,
delivered some cookies
and Tupperware,
and headed home
for John to fix my truck tail light.

I spent the rest
of the afternoon,
doing chores and small jobs
and receiving a few more
pre-ordered gifts
and chatting with a couple
drop in visitors.

I was pretty excited
to be watching mushy
Christmas movies at the same time.

A little cleaning.
A little laundry.
A little prepping
for more Christmas baking tomorrow
THEN
suddenly it was 9pm
and time to be heading
to my warm, comfy bed.

Good night from John Street.



Comments

Popular Posts