dec16

December 16th 2016

Trivia for today:

The first person to decorate a Christmas tree was reportedly the Protestant reformer Martin Luther (1483-1546). According to legend, he was so moved by the beauty of the stars shining between the branches of a fir tree, he brought home an evergreen tree and decorated it with candles to share the image with his children

Image result for pile of ornaments

I love my heritage ornaments.
This year I have  lovely tree,
but none of my glass beauties.

Otter the kitten is being good,

but has already stolen
3 plastic ones,
so I am glad I made that decision.

Decorating my tree this year,
I decided on a pink and brown theme,
and it is beautiful
and looks like a florist shop tree.

I spent the early evening,
stocking up for tart making
and chocolate making.

I made some cute candy stick
reindeer treats,
and after Judy and Greg left,
I decided to make the tarts today,
and not wait for tomorrow.

John is going to sleep
when he gets home at 8am,
and then has a long list
of  plans to accomplish.

Judy works,
and then is off to a Christmas party
with Greg's family.
So John and I have the night
to ourselves probably for
the last time until after Christmas.

Well I am off to bed,
good night from John Street





Comments

Popular Posts