dec5

December 5th 2016

Trivia for Monday:

Evergreens (from the Old English word aefie meaning “always” and gowan meaning “to grow”) have been symbols of eternal life and rebirth since ancient times. The pagan use and worship of evergreen boughs and trees has evolved into the Christianized Christmas tree.

I love having Christmas trees.
I like that I can choose
how each tree looks.
Last year I had 27
different sized trees,
from small to 8 foot.









I got up this morning
with the intention of relaxing
my right ankle and knee today.
I spent the morning
doing exactly that.
After lunch I did some crafting
sitting at the dining room table.

The whole afternoon
I spent doing small jobs
that ended with me going back
to sit on the sofa.

My evening was spent
unpacking my new crystal,
and doing some household
cleaning and straightening.

I also made all new, big,
beautiful, sparkly bows
for my outside decorations.
I even hung them.

Now the kitchen is clean,
my crafting stuff put away,
and I am going to take
my tired and sore body
into my big comfy bed.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts