dec19

December 19th 2016

Trivia time:

According to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), there are 2,106 million children under age 18 in the world. If there are on average 2.5 children per household, Santa would have to make 842 million stops on Christmas Eve, traveling 221 million miles. To reach all 842 million stops, Santa would need to travel between houses in 2/10,000 second, which means he would need to accelerate 12.19 million miles (20.5 billion meters) per second on each stop. The force of this acceleration would reduce Santa to “chunky salsa".

and yet
even with all those facts
he still manages to come
every year!

 (chunky salsa santa? - ewwww)

Image result for santa salsa

Monday.
A busy day to say the least.
Remicade at 9am meant
out of the house by 8am
WITH all the snow off my truck
which has not moved
in a few days!

Done early
so it was off to Michaels
for candles that were on sale,
but sold out.
I did find a house warming gift
for mom and dad's new house.
A lovely front door swag.

Off to grab a bite to eat
on the road
so I would make it back
to St Thomas on time.

Good driving conditions
got me back to St Thomas
just before 1pm
right at the front door
of the new house.
I had just got the swag hung
when the van pulled up.
(they loved the swag)

Mom and I did a walk through
of the  whole house
noting a couple things
but overall the house
is move-in-able.

We all popped in vehicles
and headed off to Al's pizza,
where Mom and Dad
grabbed a bite to eat
and a quick hello to Judy.

Then it was off to the lawyer,
where a whole lot of papers
needed signatures and a lot
of cheques been written.
Mom signed all of her part,
and I went down to the van,
to help Dad sign his.

A drop off at my house
for Grace Café
and Mom was off to Valleyview
with Dad to get him registered
and set up in his room.

I arrived and got Dad
into the wheelchair.
We got him into his room,
filled out what Mom needed to sign,
and I kicked her out
to head back home to Beamsville.

By 4pm the nurses had all
the necessary information
and plan for this week.
He was in bed,
and was to stay there until the morning.
They are going to check
the medication levels
and find out why he feels
so tired all the last couple weeks.

I was home by 4pm.
I made homemade mac and cheese
for supper tonight.
Kitchen cleaned up,
Judy and I started to watch
Pitch Perfect while we ate.

I managed to talk Judy
into taking me to WalMart.
I needed a turkey,
and a Christmas sweater
for my Dad!
We were successful.

A quick stop at Giant Tiger
made quick work
of a couple more purchases.

Home,
we got the thrill of finding out,
the dog and cat had torn apart
a large garbage all over the kitchen.
Lovely.

We spent the night
watching another movie
and relaxing.

Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts