dec15

December 15th 2016

Trivia time:

There are approximately 21,000 Christmas tree farms in the United States. In 2008, nearly 45 million Christmas trees were planted, adding to the existing 400 million trees.

Normally
my Christmas begins
as soon as I can put away
the Halloween decorations!
Last year I had a total of 27 trees
spread throughout the house.
Tiny trees to 9 foot beauties,
themed, sparkly and everywhere.
To count as a tree here,
it must be decorated.

Image result for pink and brown christmas

This year has been totally different.
I have not found
my Christmas interest.....
until today.

I have blamed stress,
our new kitten,
my family,
my schedule...
even a lack of interest.

I had lost sight of why
I decorate for this season.
I have told others
do not try to make this season
great for others,
do it for yourself!

Christmas "chores"
are only as hard or complicated
as you make them.

*If you hate wrapping gifts,
wrap in gift bags or buy gift cards.

*If you hate baking or cooking,
buy it premade, or go to a restaurant.

*If you hate parties, don't go.

In my case:
*If you hate waiting for help
do it yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas "enjoyment"
does not rely on others.

*If you like lots of decorations,
then go big!

*If you like the religious aspect
of this season,
keep Christ in your Christmas.

*If family is important
then make concessions to include them.

I just sat back and let
the start of the season pass me by.
It is entirely of my own doing.

But starting tonight,
I took back my holidays.
I had John bring up the tree,
and have decided
I do not care if my family
wants to help,
I WANT A TREE!

So tomorrow,
I am taking my holiday back.

For tonight though
I hope all your plans are going well.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts