dec24

December 24th 2016

Happy Christmas Eve.

In Germany, Heiligabend, or Christmas Eve, is said to be a magical time when the pure in heart can hear animals talking.

I can hear my animals talk!
They are usually screaming
feed me!

Christmas Eve 
has always
been the big day
in our family.

I woke at 7 ugly o'clock
and decided to 
beat the crowds
and go to the Superstore.

One run through
turned into a stop
at Walmart too.

But at 11am
I was sitting
at Mom's with
her small list 
of missing items,
and then headed home.

i had decided I wanted 
a turkey dinner tonight.
(it was going to be tomorrow)
So while I finished wrapping,
John prepped the meal.

Just after 1pm
John and I "santa claused"
and dropped off the family gifts
at mom's new house
while she was out.
We also got the hot water working.

Home again we sat for a bit.
Dinner prepped by 5:30
we loaded it up 
and headed over.
We arrived just as Mom
got Dad out of the van.

Supper was good,
and gift opening started
when Judy arrived after work.

A most amazing evening
of laughter and fun.

We got Dad back to Valleyview
at midnight!!!!!!!

When we got mom's house 
cleaned up again,
dishes washed and garbage out,
we sent her off to bed.

Now at 1am,
we had our little family Christmas.
stockings were opened,
gifts exchanged
and a fun time had by the 4 of us.

At 3am
we are headed for bed.
Long weeks,
lots of food,
much laughter
and very little sleep!

Merry Christmas from John Street.


Comments

Popular Posts