dec6

December 6th 2016

TRIVIA TIME!

Ancient peoples, such as the Druids, considered mistletoe sacred because it remains green and bears fruit during the winter when all other plants appear to die. Druids would cut the plant with golden sickles and never let it touch the ground. They thought it had the power to cure infertility and nervous diseases and to ward off evil

Mistletoe comes from an Anglo-Saxon word meaning "little dung twig"  because the plant spreads though bird droppings.

Well that just makes you want to hang some this year eh?

I slept in a little this morning,
but then I got my butt in gear
and did all the Christmas baking
by noon.

Image result for baking mess cartoon

I gotta say
we will miss Mary at Hollandia
when she retires this January.
She helped us do an amazing job
doing all this years baking.
I think we ended up with 12 kinds.

Spent the afternoon
relaxing my leg,
dividing the cookies
into the 10 orders
and then delivering some of them.

We also got truck parts
and picked up a couple gifts
and some water.

When we got back,
sent Judy off to get some gifts
that were waiting for pick up.
Then it was rest time again.

My knee is cramping
my Christmas get up and go.

At 6 sharp it was off to Dollar Tree
and Bulk Barn to stock up
for fancy cookie making day (Thursday),
and then off to Giant Tiger
so Judy could finish up
some of her shopping.

When we got home
it was pjs and grilled cheese
and a sappy Christmas movie
called Santa CLAWS.

Now I just want my bed
and a little relaxation and sleep.

LDO tomorrow, so I am off again.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts