dec17

December 17th 2016

Trivia time:

The first printed reference to a Christmas tree was in 1531 in Germany. Approximately 30-35 million real (living) Christmas trees are sold each year in the U.S.

I have never had a real tree.
Not sure I am missing much,
what with the mess,
and possible live inhabitation
of the tree!
(I will soon be watching National
Lampoons Christmas Vacation)

Image result for national lampoon's christmas vacation squirrel

Today was a flurry of activity!
In just 7 days
we will be celebrating
Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finalized what decorations I
wanted up this year,
downsized some glassware,
straightened not only the kitchen
but some of the storage too!

I finished the apple tarts,
organized the chocolate making
items for tomorrow.

Kept a busy hourly check in
updated on my break times,
and let John sleep.

Tomorrow is all about the kitchen.
Some deep cleaning,
some dessert making,
and then its Christmas Vacation
and the Grinch night!
Movie night here.

BUT
I have now been going straight
for about 13 hours
and my body is screaming at me.

Time for a little r&r
and maybe a date with Archie,
Jughead and friends.

Tomorrow is another busy day.

Goodnight from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts