dec12

December 12th 2016

Trivia time:

Christmas stockings allegedly evolved from three sisters who were too poor to afford a marriage dowry and were, therefore, doomed to a life of prostitution. They were saved, however, when the wealthy Bishop Saint Nicholas of Smyrna (the precursor to Santa Claus) crept down their chimney and generously filled their stockings with gold coins.

I like Christmas stockings.
I like finding my childhood one
hanging in my parents' house
each Holiday season still.


Image result for Christmas Stockings

I was exhausted when I awoke

and had trouble getting up.
BUT
when I asked John
to take me out to do errands,
he was all in and ready to go.

We took a trip to both banks
to balance the accounts.
Then off to TSC to exchange
some belts for the snowblower.
Then off to WalMart
to pick up the recipe items
for apple salad tonight.
I had a Christmas potluck
in Strathroy to go to (Tupperware).

Back at home I realized
I had not yet eaten,

so I made myself some brunch.

I relaxed most of the afternoon,
and even got a bit of a nap.

I made an apple salad
(thank you for the recipe Melissa)
which was a big hit tonight.

The potluck party was fun,
but exhausting.
I did manage to make a few stops
on the way there tonight
so I have some of the things I need
to finish a couple projects tomorrow.

Once I wake up tomorrow,
it is off to the Superstore
for dog and cat food!
and maybe some waffle pretzels,
as I hear my partner from
"fancy cookie day 2016"
has empty tins already!
Then I am off to Sparta
to get a gift at Winter Wheat.

Now I have to say good night
and go grab some sleep.

Merry Holidays and Happy Christmas
from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts