dec1

December 1st 2016

24 Days to a visit from Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time for trivia:

Many European countries believed that spirits, both good and evil, were active during the Twelve Days of Christmas. These spirits eventually evolved into Santa’s elves, especially under the influence of Clement C. Moore’s The Night Before Christmas (1779-1863) illustrated by Thomas Nast (1840-1902).

How does one spend 
the first day of December?

I needed a sleep in morning,
I have been doing 
a little too much lately,
and woke up in a lot of pain.
A lovely combination
of pain killers, made quick work,
of getting it under control.

I managed to box up 
all the gifts that have been bought,
and managed to wrap
almost all of them today.















I got a call from Mom
and the SOLD sign is on the house.
They have a moving date of Dec 22.
They will be in their new home
for Christmas this year.

I spent the later part of the afternoon
contacting the Niagara CCAC
to get some extra help
as Mom is finding it more
and more difficult to keep on top
of all of Dad's care.

Got John off to work
with the plans for the weekend
semi settled at this point.

I headed off 
to a Lia Sophia clearance
where I found a lovely
necklace set for my 
Christmas outfit this year.

Then off to London
to pick up a few small items
I needed to finish wrapping 
a few of my Christmas gifts.
Supper at KFC.

I got home and made 
a lasagna for John for dinner,
got the dishwasher loaded 
and running its cycle,
some larger tupperware
soaking in the sink.

I managed to also 
fold a load of laundry
and get it put away too.

My last task of the night
was to order another 
Christmas gift.

Now it is time to get myself
organized and set up for tomorrow
so I can accomplish 
at least some of my to do list.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts