dec11

December 11th 2016

Puritan Oliver Cromwell outlawed Christmas celebrations and carols in England from 1649-1660. The only celebrations allowed were sermons and prayers.

That is an entire childhood
without any Christmas!

I am moving through my list
of chores at a nice pace now.
I spent today behind 
the sewing machine
for 5 hours creating gifts.
I have at least 2 more days work
to scratch sewing off my to do
list of jobs and tasks.

John went to Beamsville 
to pick up a few things
and take apart Mom's pool table.
So when he got home,
stuff had to be put away
or organized for donation.

A snowy day here in St Thomas,
so when Shooter got out
from an open back gate,
the chase was on!
However tracking was simple.

I spent any downtime today,
busy watching sappy Christmas 
movies on Netflix.

I am not necessarily
in a Grinchy Christmas mood,
but I certainly am not in 
any huge rush to decorate either!

Tonight is an early to bed
because I have a whopper
of a headache that will not
stop pounding.

Tomorrow is another day.

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts