dec10

December 10th 2016

Trivia for today:

Santa Claus is based on a real person, St. Nikolas of Myra (also known as Nikolaos the Wonderworker, Bishop Saint Nicholas of Smyrna, and Nikolaos of Bari), who lived during the fourth century. Born in Patara (in modern-day Turkey), he is the world’s most popular non-Biblical saint, and artists have portrayed him more often than any other saint except Mary. He is the patron saint of banking, pawnbroking, pirating, butchery, sailing, thievery, orphans, royalty, and New York City.

Early illustrations of St. Nicholas depict him as stern, commanding, and holding a birch rod. He was more a symbol of discipline and punishment than the jolly, overweight elf children know today.

I knew it!
I knew it!

Today was all about wrapping gifts.
Wrap,
wrap,
wrap,
wrap!
noon to 5pm.
I cleaned the kitchen armoire,
and managed to organize
and donate from the items
that were stored there.

I got the cardboard and newspaper
packed for mom's tomorrow.
Straightened out the dining room,
and watched some sappy
Christmas movies,
before I sat down and made
some s'more style cookies.

John calls the S'molar bears.















Now its time to go to bed.

I have lots to do tomorrow,
and hopefully by tomorrow night,
my to do list will be more caught up.

Good night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts