dec27

December 27th 2016

I slept
and I slept
and slept some more.

I felt much better this morning,
after finally getting to bed
at a decent time
and sleeping the whole night
with an option to sleep in.

My plan was to do very little,
but the execution of said plan
was definitely NOT do little.

I decided to do the laundry.
7 washers loaded,
I popped over to mom's
and grabbed her dirty clothes.
What was one more load.

Washed, dried, folded
and loaded in my truck,
I headed for home.

Next was some lunch.
I was starved,
and the fridge is full
of yummy leftovers.

Managed to get an hour
of relaxation, then,
I headed up to my bedroom,
to put away the laundry
and clean our room.
IT TOOK AN HOUR.

Then I got a call,
and off to Mom's I went.
The plumber could
fit us in today, right away.
I managed to load
all the cardboard into my truck,
organize the pile of garbage,
move the wrought iron
furniture onto the back deck,
brought in mom's laundry,
moved the wall unit
the way I originally thought
it should be done
and then headed home...
again.

I hung up the non dryer clothes,
got some pjs on,
and threw a shepherds pie
into the oven for supper.

My night plans
were feet up and rest.

Now it is time for bed.
I am exhausted.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts