dec8

December 8th 2016

Thursday Trivia Time.

A Yule log is an enormous log that is typically burned during the Twelve Days of Christmas (December 25-January 6). Some scholars suggest that the word yule means “revolution” or “wheel,” which symbolizes the cyclical return of the sun. A burning log or its charred remains is said to offer health, fertility, and luck as well as the ability to ward off evil spirits

I have always loved
watching fireplaces.
I don't need the extra heat,
but love an evening watching one.











Today was fancy cookie baking day.
No real cookie "making" involved,
but creating things out of cookies.




Mickey Oreo cookies









Reindeer Viva Puff cookies





The pretzel caramel pecan clusters,
pretzels candy cane chocolates,
chocolate dipped pretzel cigars,
and the ones that were awesome,




Peanut Butter Christmas Trees.





I also did some shortbread cookies.
When we did the Hollandia
cookie "bake on Tuesday,
we bought shortbread rounds.
Today I stuffed them,
some with choclate,
some with crushed candy
to look like stained glass
and the last ones with jam.

Before bed,
I managed to clean up some
of the bathroom storage area,
clean the kitchen,
shower and fold 2 loads of laundry
and put it away,
before my knee finally
yelled at me to sit down.

A very accomplished day
and I got the thumbs up
from the recipients of half
of the goodies made today.

Not sure what
I am going to accomplish tomorrow,
but I do hope its
another awesome day .

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts