October 10

10-10-2018

Slept a bit later than I wanted
But was soon enough
Making good time to get to LDO.

I had packed last night,
So I grabbed a lunch
And was out the door.

Got a good parking spot
And headed down
To get my craft on.
Today I was die cutting
Disney character signatures.

Happily it went fairly smooth
And I had it all done by 1ish.
I spent the next hour
Die cutting characters for Mom.

After packing up and reloading
My little car,
I headed for Bulk Barn to finish
Stocking spices and baking.
I got all but 2 items!

Home and unloaded
I called Paratransit,
So Dad can go out friday,
I advised Mom what the times were.

Suddenly,
I was desperately tired and hot.
In fact by 3 pm I was headed
Upstairs for a nap.
I slept till 5.

Not so tired but still hot,
I headed to the kitchen.
Time to get my cook on.

I made:
A shepherds pie out of fresh ground pork
And Thanksgiving leftovers.
2 pork meatloaves with fresh bread crumbs
And a tomato cream sauce I made
FROM SCRATCH
Then I stuffed a dozen mushroom sized
Green peppers my Dad grew
In his little garden this year,
I am calling them green pepper poppers.
He plans to share them with
His 2 buddies tomorrow.
Dishwasher loaded and supper started,
In about an hour!

That was when I realized
I was soaking wet.
NOT just hot....
I went and sat down for a bit
And that helped.

We had supper,
And as is the rule here,
If you don't cook you clean,
So John went and washed the few dishes
That had not fit in the dishwasher.

Suddenly it was 8pm.
I was watching tv
With the ceiling fan on and a hand fan
Waving trying to cool off.
Ridiculous! So I headed upstairs
Where the ac is still in the bedroom.

I grabbed a cold shower
And hopped into bed.
Took my temperature and found 37.2
Doesn't seem bad except that
On Remicade, 37.5 means
A trip to emerg for a check up.

I am now laying in the ac
Feeling a lot better.

Alarm set for midnight
To recheck the temp.

Weird,
I did not feel bad at all this morning.

John has me all set up with water
And some books
A new one from Dean R Koontz!!!!
Thanks Staci.
And my phone on charge.

All good for now.
Maybe another good night's sleep....

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts