October 30

30-10-2018

Would have preferred to stay in bed
But
I got up and going by 9am.

Bed made,
Dressed,
Load of laundry
And downstairs.

Hung up a load of laundry
And started a new load.
Emptied the dishwasher
And started the crock pot
With chili for supper tonight.
Wrote John a note.
Called Mom about a repair
Made on Dad's wheelchair.
Pulled out all the wreath stuff.
Loaded van with (what I thought)
Was everything I would need.

Got to the condo
Just as Mom was leaving.
Cleaned and arranged the garage
With a work station.
Sorted all the collected decor
For all the wreaths.

Took a break.
The set up was taking much longer
Than anticipated.
I called in back up!

Made a quick trip home
To gather up the missing
Items I had forgotten.

By 4pm,
Everything was prepped and under way
And by 6:30,
6 wreaths were complete.

My back and hip
Said it was time to quit.
I also ran out of glue!

I cleaned up
And headed home
To have supper with John.
I hung the second load of laundry,
Washed the supper dishes
And made 24 apple sauce muffins.

Back out at 7:30
So I could grab some glue sticks
And snowflakes.

When I came home this time,
I made a homemade caramel sauce
With toasted oats to top my muffins.
I washed up the baking dishes,
Packed the projects for LDO
And sat down.

Not for long.
The pain was so bad!
John tried to help,
But nothing was making much difference.
Voltaren and bed was the suggestion.

Came upstairs
The pulled out tomorrow's costume
And crawled (literally) into my bed.

Tomorrow I need to get
at least 8 wreaths done
After LDO but before I go out
Trick or treating!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts