Jan 19

January 19th 2015



Practice Mindfulness

Learn to practice mindfulness skills and apply them 
to the specific behavior you’re trying to change. 

“Mindfulness is the ability to be aware of our actions, thoughts, and feelings, 
as well as the external environment, in the present moment without judging our experience” . 

By focusing your attention on the present moment it can help increase your awareness of problem behaviors when they happen. 

If you’re trying to stop biting your nails, 
start paying attention to when you get the urge. 
Do you find yourself biting your nails when you’re bored or anxious? 
If you recognize you bite your nails every time you’re waiting in line, 
for instance, you can plan ahead and either bring gloves or consciously keep your hands in your pocket.

Mindful of what causes me not to attain my goal.


Hmmm... the point is valid. 


If I eat an actual meal at meal time,
I will be less likely to grab something 
every time I wander through the kitchen.

I know when I should eat,
but I am usually too lazy to make myself something
so I grab a "snack" instead of a meal.


Knowing this,
means I should take more care to have pre-made meals
already in the refrigerator.
Instead of the cheese being left in a bar,
it should be cubed for ease,
make veggies easy to grab,
sandwich items (like egg salad) premade!
Back to cooking on Sundays for me.

http://www.theleangreenbean.com/top-10-foods-for-sunday-food-prep/

Hmmm... this plan worked before 
and could work again.

Now onto today's events.
I have begun to dismantle Christmas. 
My goal is to get most of it all gone by January 31st.
Today would have been my Aunt Laura's birthday 
and never have I taken the decorations down before this day.


She loved Christmas.
I miss her very much,
but she isn't suffering here
so I am happy she is watching from up there.

Judy and I spent the evening 
running like crazy 
getting a ton of chores 
and to do's done in a 4 1/2 hour time space.

*4pm picked up Chloe for Staci (ice) then we left to start the "to do" list -dropped off a package at Anne C's -went to the bank -dropped medical supplies off at the shelter -Giant Tiger for groceries -got burgers for supper -unloaded 8 laundry baskets of laundry -washed, dried, folded -reloaded truck with clean laundry *7pm we started out to do the rest
-dropped off donations to charity collection box -dropped off the Booker's gifts -dropped off items at women's shelter -dropped off cheques to hydro -Judy picked up a camo bathing suit -dropped a bag off at Pam's -dropped off Jason's gift -returned water bottle for deposit -bought donuts (for a good job) *8pm arrived home -emptied the truck -put away the groceries
-put the clean dishes away -hung up all the wet clothes (the no dryer items) -put away 3 baskets of laundry -baskets of personal clothes to bedrooms *8:30pm sitting on sofa -contacted Rogers *9pm talked to John -planning our early bed time
-talked to the girls on chat *10pm headed to bed



We were running like Batman and Robin on a mission.

Good night from John Street.


Comments

Popular Posts