Jan 5

January 5th 2014


How does she do it????????
How does ANYONE just change?

Schedule in Good Habits

We are what we repeatedly do, 
so it may be time to re-evaluate your daily behaviors in order to make your goal a lasting reality. 
If part of your weight loss strategy is to stop making your usual fast-food breakfast pit stop 
and start making yourself a healthy breakfast at home, schedule it into your morning routine. 
“Every time you engage in a behavior, you make it easier to enact again later on, so create a routine and stick to it”. 
(like making yourself a smoothie at home before heading out the door) at the same time, 
and if possible, in the same place, every day or week to create a new, goal-supporting habit.


I like the idea 
that if I choose to keep to a plan for two weeks
JUST two weeks,
that whatever I have chosen to change will be a habit.
It's amazing that it can take so little time,
in the time it takes to realize you have a cold,
and deal with all the symptoms.

I woke up with great big ideas and plans.
I managed to finally print, complete 
and work out this year's organizer.
It took almost 3 hours 
and 2 different dollar stores to finish the job,
but it looks fantastic.


Tonight,
Judy and I managed to get all the laundry done,
went and got myself a brand new phone.
A Blackberry classic.
Its going to take a bit of time to understand it
and work out the new stuff.
Tomorrow is my next remikade infusion.
I am hoping it will make me feel so much better.
It has been a long 2 weeks!
First I managed to catch a cold and then,
an unusually weird Crohn's attack today.


I will soon be heading for the comfort of my bed.
I will be saying a quiet prayer first for my Dad.
Tomorrow evening he will be undergoing hip surgery.
His surgeon will be replacing the ball joint,
and there is absolutely no way 
for me to go see him
as at 9am when my infusion starts
I will be without an immune system again.


Good night from John Street.





Comments

Popular Posts