Jan 15

January 15th 2015


 My daughter is 17. 
My at home mommy-hood is almost over.


Make Daily Yes or No Decisions

Make a yes or no decision about the behavior you’re trying to change each morning. 

“For example, if you’re trying to stop drinking alcohol, 
make a decision to not drink alcohol for the next 24 hours 
instead of making a more complex decision such as how much you can drink that day”.


For goodness sake, STOP IT!


My baby girl is not a baby anymore.
My baby girl is having more and more adult outings.

She is so busy again.
School, Work, Cadets, Friends
and soon
prom, graduation and life plans.


Normal teens have movie dates,
normal teens go shopping,
normal teens go out for burgers or coffee,
MY  teen,
she goes out after school and flies in airplanes!




January 15th 2015












They flew over St Thomas and Port Stanley.








I love seeing her smile this big.








 Today's whole gang in the plane.


I have to laugh when I think about 
how fast the time has gone.
How many things I got the chance 
to do for her,
with her,
and to experience.
I also mourn how many things 
I have run out of time to do.

My baby is almost grown
and planning on flying the nest soon.


I was always told about how fast it goes by,
how I should enjoy every moment.
I am glad that I did not listen!!

I am glad I did not worry every moment
about making sure I seen every little thing,
about photographing every minute of her life,
about worrying that if she got a spanking
she would hate me forever.


Because,
if I had planned, seen, photographed and worried
every minute of her childhood,
I would not have been IN THE MOMENT!
I would not have been a part of the events,
I would not have the wonderful memories
I do of my daughter,
my very grown up daughter.


Good night from John Street.



Comments

Popular Posts