Jan 20

January 20th 2015


Plan to Fail

Planning to fail means knowing what you’ll do when the inevitable slip up happens, and exactly how you’ll deal with it to get back on track.

If you overdo it at dinner, don’t let it turn into a downward diet spiral.
Stop a binge in its tracks with a pre-planned script.
Like, “Well, dinner didn’t go as planned, but I will skip dessert and recommit to my healthy, balanced diet right now.”

It is recommended to keep an actual copy of your goals on your phone (or an index card) and review them at least five times throughout the day.

I am not sure I need to 
view my goals 5 times a day!

I do think reminders 
where you might make a bad decision
are a good idea!

Maybe a note on the cookie shelf 
or in the freezer on the ice cream!

Personally I think those decisions
come before you get to the chips, 
cookies or ice cream.
Decide how to deal with it on grocery day!

If you crave chips,
buy a box of lunch size bags instead
or choose a baked veggie chips
or maybe pretzels!
Even cookies can be bought in snack size
or bulk and bagged at home in snack sizes.


Life does not come 

with a set of rules or instructions.

No warranty is going to give you back your tomorrowor refund for your yesterday!

Life is all about the choices you make 

for you and your family. 


The things you do 

and show your children now 

will be how the future of your family lives. 


It seems like too many people forget 

that the reason THEIR family does or does not 

celebrate an occasion, or behaves in public is

PROBABLY

because of what past generations did!



I want future generations 

to celebrate because of me 

not in spite of me. 

I want a place of honour in their hearts 

at every event, holiday, party. 


I want them to wish I was there 

and celebrate like I was. 


One day I hope to look down 

at my great great great grandsons' 

holiday dinner table 

and know that there are 11 or more 

different vegetables being served

not because of me 

but because I thought what MY Aunt Beverly 

did at holiday meals 

was so much fun so many years ago! (25+) 


I want to know that my grandchildren
make homemade ornaments for the tree

not because of me 

but because of how excited MY Aunt Dolly 

would get when she received them

so many years ago! (35+)  



I want to know that Valentines Day
is celebrated forever in our family.
Not because of me 
or the Valentine's Day Angel I made up 
but because that first one with Judy 
was so special 
and so much fun so many years ago! (13+)




Life is filled with choices.


I am not sure I need to 

view my goals 5 times a day! 


I need to live my life the best way I know how 

and experience all that comes with each new day.


It could be fun.


Good night from John Street!





Comments

Popular Posts