Jan 2

January 2nd 2015

Make Your Resolution S.M.A.R.T. this year.

Saying I want to lose weight! is more of a wish than a goal. Instead, make your resolution S.M.A.R.T. 

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
and on a Timeline 

A S.M.A.R.T. weight loss goal might include specific ideas on how to do this. Start walking with plans to start yoga in march... a slow steady path is better than one never taken.

Break your long-term goal into smaller, more manageable, short term goals (such as losing 5 pounds a month) and pinpoint exactly how you’ll do it (by eating 250 calories less per day, and burning 250 more with a daily 60-minute walk). Creating these types of specific short-term and long-term goals that are attainable and measure-able will help you succeed.


It is very nice when you realize
you have been doing things right!

WOULD LIKE to lose 15 pounds this year 
{and that is specific.}
I will fit in one size smaller by mothers day,
{is measurable.}
by eliminating sweets and desserts
 {is attainable.}
and I am going to start walking the dog every day,
{is realistic.} 
I will start by walking up and then back down the street, 
the following week I will walk around the block,
{is a timeline.}

Yay me.
I add more distance each week 
as it is handle-able FOR ME.

I use the same S.M.A.R.T. system application 
to every job I approach to jobs I do around the house! 
I just didn't realize that is how I work.....

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
and on a Timeline 


Just saying I am going to clean this house, 
is unrealistic and unspecific! 
BUT... 
if I say I am going to sweep the main floor, 
wash the dishes and make the bed by supper time, 
I am more likely to get those items done 
and be proud of myself 
than if I just started with an unspecific idea and timeline!


After sleeping until noon today,
I spent today recovering from a cold 
that started before New Year's. 
I am feeling better today 
and haven't had to take any medications.
Judy is off visiting her birth family,
John is on the road 
and I am hoping to be semi-back to normal tomorrow.

Taking it easy this weekend
so I can safely get remikade on tuesday.


Good Night from John Street.



Comments

Popular Posts