may8

May 8th 2015

I am a planner.
I like lists, and I love over sorting everything.
So when it comes to large events
like prom and grad,
I expected to be a nervous wreck.


Nope!
I was calm and organized
but I also went with the incredible 
behind schedule flow the day took!

Judy was called in this morning 
to have her interview and medical for the reserves!
Thankfully for me, 
John was home and able to take her to her 8am
(ugly o`clock in the morning appointment)

WHERE SHE PASSED EVERYTHING
and moves on to having her references called!

I was soooo excited!
Do you question that?
Ask anyone how fast I was talking 
and the volume I told them at.
The appointments should have been done at 10am
but ran late.

So arriving at the hair dresser 
a bit late was inevitable.
She got in there, 
and thankfully as they had had a practice run last week
they at least knew the game plan.
The shop was filled with spectators 
and make-up people and photographers,
and breakfast cake eaters!
I took lots of photos.


Meanwhile,
back at the house the 2 Johns waited patiently
for their respective princesses to arrive.

It didn't take long for us all to finalize our outfits,
and it was corsage time.
So cute my 2 teens were.
I wish this kind of thing happened more often
as we were having so much fun.
A few photos with the old car,
and packing up the picnic in the truck
and we were off to Pinafore Park here in town.


I got some more great photos 
and we had a lovely picnic lunch!
There was a beautiful breeze in the pavillion
we had chosen across from the new waterfall.

Off we went for our 3 o' clock
appointment at the CASO station for the graduates
yearbook group photo.
Again I got some more photos I loved.
Although that area was completely in sun 
and I had to sit in the truck
to avoid a bad burn.

Then my graduates took off to cruise around
in the bright red mustang!


We met back at St Anne's hall
for the actual dinner and dance.
Each graduate 
was introduced as they entered through 
a lovely pagoda style archway.
Then daughters and dads
and sons and moms
had a dance and all parents were evicted from the party.

I have to say this was the MOST relaxed
I have ever been for such a big event.
I took lateness in stride,
I dealt with things that did not work out
and although a lovely sunny day,
a very HOT one.

I spent the evening in my cool living room
altering photos and posting them.

We had a late night dinner of quiche
and awaited the arrival of our party goers.


SO VERY PROUD
that in the last 2 weeks:

**Judy passed her assessment test for the reserves.
  
**We enjoyed a wonderful pre-prom
photo shoot and practice run.
**John's new teeth are almost finished!
**Judy was made Warrant Officer First Class.
 
**Judy passed her medical and interview for the reserves.

We enjoyed a wonderful
day of photos and prom related everything.
Now I am planning to sit back 
and enjoy a cherry brandy and coke
with my husband
and celebrate my daughters successes...

and there are plenty of those to celebrate.

Good night from John Street!








Comments

Popular Posts