may27

May 27th 2015

How does one describe a day
in which a person
{nameless to protect the innocent}
goes to bed at 11 on tuesday night,
stays in bed until 2:30 in the afternoon of wednesday,
and then dares to say she (or he),
is tired at 9pm???


Sure,
I could make excuses,
and use medical terms no one would question,
but
in actual fact...
my whole body was sore when I woke up,
I canceled out on a road trip
{to scrapbooking so we know it was serious},
I canceled coffee wednesday,
and I rolled back over and slept away the day.

John startled me awake at 2:30,
so I got up 
showered, dressed and made the bed.
Yup that was the bulk of my accomplishment
until 4pm today.


I had to walk to the denturist 
because (once again) John was running late.
It was raining,
naturally.
So me and my trusty umbrella headed up the street,
we made a quick trip into Baskins
for some denim,
and peek around Scoops to check out sale stuff,
and then over to Conrad
where John arrived soon after
on time for the 4:30 appointment.

This was the final fitting!
I got to see John in his new teeth,
and together we had to decide about
size, colour, space etc.
He looks great!


I am so excited that next Tuesday
that will be his brand new look.

We got him home and he got cleaned up.
{I was shocked at how he had arrived at the clinic.}
~Must have been some dirty flatbedding
this week at the yard!~

Then it was off to Superstore,
he needed truck groceries,
and we were both starving.
So we made our way through the store,
finding stuff he could eat,
and we ended up buying a cooked chicken
(garlic and herb),
greek salad, couscous
and some lightly breaded fries for supper.
oh,
and a cheesecake!


Smartly, after supper,
I deboned the chicken while it was warm! 
I popped the remaining chicken 
into the freezer for later use!
At least 2 meals for one price,
and a lot cheaper than our original plan
of going to a restaurant.
Look at me saving money.

John headed out to get cigarettes,
and Judy got home around the same time he did.
After some silliness and giggling,
I sent them off to the kitchen to do dishes
and then off to put his laundry away
and spend some
"father daughter time"
while getting some chores done.



We made some plans for this weekend
as it is the very last Annual parade Judy will be part of
at 741 Air Cadets.
If you are planning on attending with us,
please let me know so I can save you a seat.

Talked about the last 
"pop and chip"party
Judy will ever have to have,
and then went our seperate ways.

Judy to the shower and bed,
John loading his groceries and off to the truck
and me....
already too pooped to continue.


So tomorrow,
I am going to get stuff done.
I am going to make a list and push through.
I will get up and get going.
SO 
I guess I had better get a good night's sleep.

Good night from John Street

OH!
and
hope you had a great day.

Comments

Popular Posts