may31

May 31st 2015

A cold, wet dark day
for the last day of this month.


I slept quite late.
John was busy running around doing stuff,
Judy was at work.
I did some chores,
I spent the afternoon with John before he left,
and packed for my first class tomorrow.

When Judy got home,
our annual "underwear day" began.
Once a year, 
each of us, in turn, gutt our entire room of clothing,
sorting what is good, bad and ugly.
Donating what we no longer need,
making a list of what we outgrew
and putting away the rest properly.


This is not usually a smooth process for Judy,
who knows in her heart she has too much,
but still doesn't want to get rid of it 
even if it doesn't fit or looks awful on her.
I think she is part pack rat.


This is what she brought down
in pants, shorts and shirts...

end result of that mess..... 
as we could downsize all the cadet wear needing to be returned
and I got her to pare down the St Joe's uniform pieces too.

in the end,
she gave up an XL garbage bag of clothing,
threw away a few things,
and only found that 5 things 
that I agreed needed to be replaced.
She even agreed that 2 pairs of her jeans 
thats tight legs were unsuitable for her!
As a compromise both were made into shorts.

Then we sat down
ate a late supper of bbq chicken breasts,
spinach pesto egg noodles and buttered asparagus,
with coconut cream pie for dessert.
Watched an army movie,
well she did, 
I played online crosswords.


Good night from John Street.




Comments

Popular Posts