may3

May 3rd 2015

A day off.
That is sort of what today became.


I got up earlier than I expected
and did quite a bit of cooking for the week. 
Prepped, sorted, cleaned the fridge.

I love when a busy week,
finds me with a fridge full of pre-made meals.
BECAUSE it is a busy week ahead
for the Shannon household.


Although I have had a really busy 2 weeks already,
I am thankful that I was well enough to enjoy
everything that was happening.

Between prepping, having and cleaning up
from a very successful cancer fundraiser,
to enjoying a nice birthday,
finalizing plans for John's new teeth,
a photo shoot for Judy's prom,
vendoring a crop in Sparta
and planning for a busy upcoming week...
my body has decided
its time to take it easy.

This will be a harder week
because I am seven days away
from my Remicade infusion.
So this is a week that I need to be more careful
about how much I try to fit in.



In the next six days:
Clean up monday,
LDO tuesday,
Officers Parade wednesday,
Groceries thursday
Prom friday,
Family day saturday and
Mother's Day sunday.
  
PLUS
whatever pops up during the week.

I might as well just accept my week of resting
so I can really enjoy the upcoming days.


I happily started that process today!
I did a bunch of cooking yes,
I even got the kitchen cleaned up after.
When I had eaten lunch,
apparently my body decided it had had enough
and passed out on the sofa
ALL afternoon!

Apparently that was dumb!
When I woke up my husband 
had managed to bring home some treasures.
a couple old tractors and a potato planter
he has decided will make wonderful garden ornaments.

I wasn't thrilled,
but when Judy sided with John
at the dinner table about them...


I chose to ignore the fact that this crap 
has made it to our property.
Instead when Judy sided,
I threw mowing the lawn 
on her platter of to do's tonight!
When John chose to laugh at that,
he got the job of mulching a garden,
once the job of dishes and groceries 
were handed out.....

well,
my point was made
and no screaming or arguing.
AND
I went and sat on the sofa!

hahahhahahahhahahahhah


Good night from the junkyard on John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts