may12

May 12th 2015

Some days
you wake up
and look around
and wonder...


My house looks like
it has had an ongoing party
for a week.
I must have missed the fun,
but lucky me,
I got to clean it all up.


With my hip out of whack,
I swear wearing a brace,
although irritating,
would definitely feel less painful.

I made the plan for the day
and it was to work for small amounts of time
from the upstairs down.
After remaking the bed with fresh clean comforters,
I was due a break already.
Today would be slow going.

I did however manage to clean my closet,
put away my clean laundry,
sort John's laundry to be put away,
clear the dresser
and get dressed before needing the next break.

Where does it say,
that piling all the dishes
is the same as cleaning the kitchen?


The kitchen was so bad,
I had to leave it for later,
and instead,
cleaned up the living room and tv room.

I decided to attack the front porch
after my break because
at this point I could work for about 20 minutes
before having to sit down.

The cleaning of the front porch took 3 
of those time frames!
2 shelves in the bookcase had fallen from their pegs
as a fall repair was done only 1/2 right.
Time for a coke and another break.
Some days cleaning is a 6 pack kind of day!


The kitchen could no longer wait.
It took about an hour,
(and a team of professional archaeologists)
but eventually I was okay with the way it looked,
and had to head back out to the front porch
after a short break.

I finally got the Cancer crop items 
packed up for another year,
the 50 cent stuff neatly put away, 
and was sweeping up the front room
when I was attacked by a closet door falling open.

Apparently in my family's world,
neatly lining up 5 pairs of work/cowboy boots
against a sofa is constituted as cleaning! 
or stuffing the closet 
full of coats and boots
you never plan to wear until they fall out the door
on mom is cleaning as well.


I was crashed on the sofa
when my dynamic duo both arrived at 3pm,
they were given their marching orders.
John to put away his laundry 
~and boots~
and Judy to clean her coat closet
(yes the whole closet is hers).

Super Mom hit the medicine cabinet
 looking for robaxacet
hoping to dull her hip pain
(it did not work).


By 4:30,
we were all split up again,
Judy off to work,
John to the denturist for a fitting,
and me onto the final chore of the day,
clean off the dining room table.

When I clean,
I choose one drop zone.
The dining room tends to be my choice.
If it doesn't belong where I find it 
and putting it away is more work than a couple seconds
the drop zone gets it.

So, I got all the fans they cleaned on sunday,
to their summer homes.
Put away all the scrapbook stuff from class
and emptied the table in record time.


I am very lucky on the other hand 
to have a very understanding dynamic duo.
John made supper
while I added pain killers to the mix of what
I was using to alleviate some of the pain.
Judy sorted a huge mess of buttons 
that's container had opened while in transport,
after she got home from work.

I was left to enjoy some NCIS
in peace and quiet
while John napped
and Judy was at work.


I made some lovely additions to my scrapbooking
supply collection!
A nice lady in London is selling off
her ENTIRE scraproom of stock
so we spent a few hours waiting for each post.

At 10 Judy was home and John was up.
I was starving, I had the munchies.

I am crawling into bed and sure to fall right to sleep.
Sore, exhausted...
and sure I will find more to do tomorrow!

Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts