nov30

November 30th 2016

The world’s largest Christmas stocking measured 106 feet and 9 inches (32.56 m) long and 49 feet and 1 inch (14.97 m) wide. It weighed as much as five reindeer and held almost 1,000 presents. It was made by the Children’s Society in London on December 14, 2007

wow!!!!



Speaking of gifts,
aren't small children 
just precious at this time of year?

So excited
and filled with the wonder
of the season.

Makes you "wonder" where
all of it goes as you get older!

Makes you "wonder" why
you family becomes jaded
about the decorations
and the parties and the
whole darn season.

I "wonder" every year
why I do all the decorating,
the gifting, the baking,
the everything-ing
when my family does not
seem to appreciate it anymore.
It has just become an expectation.
Gone are the days
when they couldn't wait
to eat homemade cookies
while watching a movie!
or munch on the decoration
while decorating gingerbread!

I do not want to lose out 
on all the holiday things to do,
but feel lost now that my baby
doesn't care anymore,
and my hubby could not care less.

Last year 27 trees.
This year Dec 1st arrives
and I do not even have a wreath
hanging on my door.

Good night from sad on John Street

Comments

Popular Posts