nov21

November 21st 2016


My blog.


Up at ugly o'clock
I made a tea, a tea to go
and ate a breakfast muffin,
before heading out the door
to clean ice off my truck
and try to get to BMO before
leaving St Thomas this am!


I was told the other day,
I needed to put a little


ummph back in my blog.


Image result for put a little umph


So here we go!



Whoever trains nurses
has NEVER been a patient!


I had Remicade today.
This drug is chemo-therapy of sorts
and requires an IV each time.
I am already ridiculously
freaked out by this idea
before I even HAVE a day like today.


So I walk in
and lo and behold
yet ANOTHER new nurse.
This is not my idea of calming.
GRRRR

I have to be weighed

and find out I put on 5lbs in 4 weeks.
LOVELY.


Its a full house,
so I have to sit in a chair
at the far end of the room
which I cannot make recline
no matter what I do.
Yup, my boots were under the chair
stopping the mechanism.
UGH.


I calm down and put onmy slippers
(thank you Aunt Sandra)
cover myself with my chemo mickey blanket
(thank you Connie)
and suddenly realize
I have blood all over my hand.
Somehow I have cut my finger
and it is everywhere.
OMG.


Settling down
she attaches a blood pressure cuff
that I swear came from
some torture chamber
just north of hell,
only to find my blood pressure
is very high for me....
BREATHE.


So, no rest for the wicked
my nurse who I still do not
even have a name for,
is right there ready to poke me.
I tell her I faint easily,
and I will focus on something else,
so she decides I need a play by play
of what she is doing
including the fact that
she has found the mother of all veins
and that it is making a mess.
Unnecessary news
as I can feel it all over my hand.
SERIOUSLY??


Ok,
bloodwork is done,
I am cleaned up,
IV is in, and they start me off with
a prep drug.
I am given a box of movies
to choose from,
I find a Clint Eastwood one.
Still don't know what was going on
because it was THAT noisy today,
and no one bothered to turn up the volume.
GREAT.


Naturally I have to pee.
Me and my IV pole get untangled
and go for a walk,
come back and the IV is backing up
with blood...... I am not doing well,
but take it in stride,
we flush the line and I sit back down.
Surprise!
My blood pressure hasn't come down.
WOW.


Back to the movie which I am watching
but not hearing and texting with the girls,
when I look down
and the IV has blood in it again.
COME ON NOW!


The nurse come over
to advise me to have my blood pressure
taken all this week just in case...
in case what? I don't have enough to do?
FRIG!


Text from John
he has decided to go back to bed
because he has been up since 6am
and has to work at 4pm.
His exact words about
this morning's happenings?
"don't worry, it'll be fine"
THANKS.


Text from Judy
she starts at Formet tonight.
Thank goodness.
She is excited, but has to bail
on the job she promised to do for me
so she can go get work boots.
OF COURSE.


I am almost done my infusion,
when with great joy
I get to call the nurses over
because my head is spinning.
They quickly feed me some apple juice
and grab me another package of cookies
and redo all the blood pressure
and temperature checks just in case.
OY VEY!


So, I get to sit quietly hoping
I can drive home,
trying to figure out the movie ending.
Mom calls.
The assessment has been made on Dad,
and he has been placed on the crisis list
for immediate placement
as soon as there is an opening
at Valleyview.
YAY!



The IV is done,
and the nurse manages to pull out
the IV with the tape
instead of separately.
My hand is aching
as the IV was in a new spot today
which enabled me to use my hand
but hurt after it was all over.
NOT MY DAY!


I sat waiting for my hand to settle
and they taped me up.
I started home
when I seen a Fabricland.
I found materials for 2 projects
and then immediately
pointed the truck at Taco Bell
because I was starving.
YUMMMMMM.


Went and picked up a swap and sell find
and dropped all Connie's
new office furniture off from inside my truck.
Home,
I headed for pyjamas
and a comfy spot on the sofa.
I have stayed here
the rest of today.
AHHHHHH.


I made a couple
Tupperware party events,
hand sewed a Christmas gift,
talked to John,
talked to Judy,
talked to Mom.
I ordered some missing meds,
finished watching Last Man Standing,
and sent in a Tupperware order.
WOW.


And now I am so tired I may sleep on this sofa!


Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts