nov25

November 25th 2016




The days go by so quickly.
It is already the end of November,
and I am realizing
how much I had planned to do
this year, people I wanted to see,
day trips I wanted to make.
And soon,
I will have to do it NEXT year!


I had a great idea when I seen
a table of ceramic zebras.
Luckily I found what I was looking for
at the dollar store yesterday.
Each zebra now sports
a little santa hat and scarf.
They will be branded on their butt
with the names of my
Christmas dinner guests
and used as place markers.


Next I found a website
and ordered therapy vests,
for Tinker, Shooter and Otter,
as they will soon be regularly
visiting Valleyview residents.


I then spent a whack of time
sending and reading emails,
I have been remiss in dealing with.


I spent a large bit f time
addressing Christmas card envelopes
and putting return address labels
on 80 cards for this year.


We ordered pizza for lunch
and watched a bit of tv.
I also managed to do
2 loads of laundry.


I managed to get John off to work,
and Judy gave us a call,
to let us know she had arrived
in Beamsville at Mom and Dad's.


I spent the late afternoon
packing up the Fifty Cent Lady
embellishments for tomorrow's crop
and I made the make and take
kits for 36 women.
and wrapped 2 door prizes.


I spent some time in the kitchen,
and made applesauce spice
muffins and 2 loaves.
I also made some dinner
for me and John (his is in
the microwave for later).


The rest of the night I spent
watching some tv
and relaxing.


A very quiet and peaceful night,
where I actually managed to find
the Christmas Trivia
as promised a few days ago!


So here we go!!!!!!!!!!

The Germans made

the first artificial Christmas trees
out of dyed goose feathers!

















{Here is the commentary
that I hope gives you
some food for thought
over the next few weeks
while we start celebrating}


What is your preference about trees
and why ?
I have always favoured fake trees
I can put them up earlier.


I can enjoy them longer
there are "less" needles on the floor
and no animals will drink
the tree water
and there is no live squirrel
to find living in it!


Happy National Lampoon
Christmas DVD weekend.


Good night from John Street.



Comments

Popular Posts