nov26

November 26th 2016


Today's Trivia:


All the gifts
in the Twelve Days of Christmas
would equal 364 gifts.


Gifts.
Today I spent the day
at a crop to fundraise
for a local food bank.
I watched many of the women
scurrying around today,
trying very hard to finish
some beautiful handmade cards.


I personally
do not make cards...
especially in the quantity I would need
for sending out at Christmas.
I think that some of these cards
deserved frames NOT an envelope
and certainly do not deserve
the trash bucket most will be in
by the end of January.


Gifts are expected in boxes.
Gifts cost the giver money.
The idea of a piece of art
that took many hours
of the givers time
instead of cash and a click on ebay,
is lost to most people.


I think that is kind of sad.


For the most part my day
was a flurry of activity.
I made some ribbon candy ornaments,


















updated my to do list,
double checked my gift list,
had a successful stamp auction
to raise funds,
ate some perfectly awesome meals,
met some awesome women,
made a homemade gift,
signed all my Christmas cards....


I am exhausted.
My day was fun but long!
Tomorrow I another busy day.
I already have a day planner
on the door surrounded by post it notes.


Someone else can plan the day,
but I have some things
I WANT DONE.
Some are fun,
so hopefully it will be a successful day.


Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts