Nov 22

22-11-2018

I don't want to get up!!!!!

But alas it is coffee at Valleyview
At 10am... so get up I must.

John was home
To take over the bed anyway,
So off I went
With Tink in my coat.

The picked up Timmies
As I always do on thursday,
And headed in
To find my Dad and friends
Waiting for my arrival.

Finally got Mom
On the phone for Dad,
And got him all situated
For the rest of the day.

Next stop,
Heritage Gardens for some
Live floral foam,
Then off to the condo
To complete a long list
Of to do items.

The fireplace needed redecorating,
And looks much better now,
With bubble lights.
The garland is on the chandelier,
A swag in the front entrance
And mistletoe is hung.
Bows mounted as instructed,
Empty boxes to storage,
The outdoor front urns decorated,
Swag's beside the fireplace,
Bows on the wreaths,
Angels on the fibre optic tree...
And the wheelchair in place.

Whew.

That was when John called.
I packed up, locked up,
Made a pit stop at Yureks
And headed home.

He apparently enjoyed
The ham and lentil soup!

Mom is still at University hospital.
Not a good day.
Lots of pain and her salt levels
Tanked so she is back on IV.

I spent the rest of the night watching
A sappy Christmas movie
And eating speculaas.
(Thanks Ann)

The Christmas Village boxes
Now have a home under my bed,
The bed is made
And I am headed for
A comfy nights sleep.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts