Nov 23

11-23-2018

By 4am
I HAD to take a pain killer.
That means I finally woke up
At almost 11am.

I was dressed and off
To see Dad at Valleyview.
I gave him some navy bean soup
Let Tink give him a few kisses
And headed to the condo.
Tink left to his own devices,
I headed for North London.

After battling traffic and detours,
And he'll in the parking garage,
I finally got up to the room
After 1pm to see Mom.
She had NOT eaten her lunch,
I corrected that error.

She did therapy while I was there
And then slept.
So I fixed her phone
And straightened her room.
At 4pm she woke up just in time
For me to get her a warm blanket
And tuck her in.

I headed back through the traffic,
Detours and freaking construction
To pick up Tink and head home.

John had supper ready.
Chicken fingers and crinkle fries
(Deep fried - yummmm)
And he then took me to the bazaar
I was vendoring at.
He even helped bring it all in.

Lots of foot traffic,
No sales... and not just me.
John arrived just as I finished
Packing everything up.

Home again, I was hungry!
A sandwich and some
Christmas crack and I felt better.

Mom called (?)
And John reminded her
That she needed to eat...
Even if she didn't want to.

John took off for his last
Shift this week.
I sat watching tv,
Until now.
I am ready for a long night's sleep.

Tomorrow is another busy day.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts