Nov 10

10-11-2018

Oops!
My whole morning.....
Everything I did ended with an oops!

So,
Dressed and coat
Only to find that John had NOT
Loaded the van as asked last night.
Oops.

I got the stuff all out to the van
Only to find that it was
Freaking cold even for me.
Oops.
Back inside for a scarf and gloves.

Off to get gas in the van
And $40 (even at $1.01 L)
Only gets almost half a tank????
Oops.
That fills my cars whole tank!

The van was loaded and I had
Everything loaded and ready.
Called John so I could give him
Dad's 38 days before Christmas gift.
I asked where he was
And he said some line....
So I agreed to meet him at Timmies.
Yeah he was the car ahead of me!!!
Oops.
He could have bought for me!

The ride to Dorchester
Seemed a little less than exciting,
So I called to talk to Mom.
Anyone else know that Tillsonburg
Comes WaaaaaaaaaaaY
after Dorchester?
Oops.
That added 40 minutes extra
To what should have been
A short drive because I was yapping
On my phone while driving.

The stop at Dollarama
For a draw bucket and draw tickets
Netted me some extra boxes
For my coke room
(Everywhere else had been sold out)
But....
Oops.
No draw tickets left.

Finally at the event
Just a "little" later than planned
I unloaded and got set up.
Made my announcements
And went around to say hello
To all the scrapbookers.
Oops.
My late arrival meant I missed
The loonie and toonie treats.

The donated "Christmas roses" wreath
Was a good choice
And netted the fundraiser
An extra $50 for the Food Bank.
Although I could have used
A couple extra cardinal wreaths.
Oops.
I made a decided effort not to make
More than one of the same wreath,
From now on I will be making 2 of each.

All packed up and loaded up
I said my good byes
And headed to my van....
Oops.
I am very used to my keyless car
As apparently I left the keys
In the van ignition!!!!!!

Off to the highway,
I made a direct route home,
Definitely avoiding going by way
Of Tillsonburg again!!!
Oops.
And I realized I did not actually
Eat any lunch today.

I grabbed a sandwich
And a tea on the way.
Called John only to find out
He had not yet been to bed.
Oops.
That means a night alone again
As he was headed there now
At 3:30 in the afternoon.

I stopped at Mom's
To decorate her back deck
With lights, garland
And oversize ornaments.
Oops.
I used some decor that I had used
In the front urns last year.
Oh well it looked good.

I grabbed the new garland
And got her bannister decorated too.
Oops.
Every bow from the garland
(store bought a "few" years ago)
Was falling off!!!
I repaired and reattached.

I said my good byes after finding
A planter downstairs for her
New tropical plant.
I drove away and started heading
For my own home.
Oops.
I forgot the ribbon I needed
For my own bows.

Home again
I unloaded the necessary stuff
And headed in to decide
What was happening tonight.
Dishes away, bags unpacked,
And homemade pizza ready to go.
Oops.
No grateable marble cheese.

Took the roll of laundry plaid ribbon
Mom asked to be made into bows.
Making 3 would make them small.
Oops.
But! I added some red mesh ribbon
And got them looking better.

Made the pizzas
When I heard John moving around
And loaded them up with lots of extras.
Oops.
May have loaded John's
A little too well!!!!!
Mmmmmm delicious.

Reminded someone to stop by
To make a pick up.
Oops.
I had locked the door
And shut off all the lights!!!!!!!

Cleaned the kitchen,
Did the recycling, garbage
Tried to talk to a sleepy husband.
Oops.
Should have just avoided him.
I sent him to bed
And watched another movie
While repairing some gloves.

Now it's time to find my pillow
Because I am seriously pooped.
Oops.
When did it become midnight????

Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts