Nov 11

11-11-2018

No sleep last night,
Well maybe not much
Is a better description.
I ended up propped in the recliner
Trying to sleep!

2 giant coffees helped sleepy me,
So up and dressed
(Missed church)
And headed to Valleyview
For coffee and lunch.

Nice chat and some plans
Were made for the coming week.
Dad was getting tired
So off we went for our day.

Stopped and picked up
A centerpiece I bought,
Priced out real trees
And headed home to our lists.

I changed into work clothes
And John threw on his outdoor gear
And we went to our corners
Of the house to reclaim order.

Job one was to continue
Cleaning, reframing and hanging
My Disney artwork.
I have sooooo many it's hard to choose
What will actually go where.

Then it was off to the front porch.
I used 3 rolls of cellophane basket wrap
And 2 rolls of dbla sided tape
And sealed our porch windows
In a festive tree print!

Apparently this was fascinating
Because John came in at 4:30
And stood watching me do this!
Fixed and rehung the curtains,
the donations moved to the car
And my first room was holiday ready.

A quick pizza dinner
And we were both back to work.
John was outside winterizing the yard
And I was back to framing.
I also got the character signatures
Onto the ceiling finally!

John was cold and had given up
The outside work
But came and swept up for me.
I put away the 50 cent stuff
From the weekend crop,
And did a little ribbon elasticizing.

My scraproom immaculate,
I sat down to type out
The Christmas planner pages
For this coming week.

Around 10,
John and I had late night omlettes
While watching a stupid movie
He had chosen on tv.

Before heading up,
I surveyed my domain
And concluded that even though
I was tired all day I had accomplished
Quite a bit of work today.

Not waiting for the pain tonight,
I am heading up to take my new
Medication and crawl into bed.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts