Nov 21

21-11-2018

John called me and woke me
out of a dead sleep at 9am.
I had a tiny dog curled up
At the head of the bed
And a tiny cat curled up at the bottom.

Dressed and out the door
Tinker and I were off to family flowers
For urn greenery.

Next we made a pit stop
To check in with Dad.

Next Tink was left in peace
At the condo
While I headed to London.

Portugal Imports,
Then University Hospital.
Seen Mom in the PAC unit
And then went and grabbed lunch.

When I went back
They were ready to move her
To the 9th floor (finally).

I was finally allowed in,
I got her unpacked
And got the room set up.

I was just about to leave,
When the therapist came in
And I thought I should watch.

Epic mistake!
I was sitting watching her walk
When I suddenly got hot,
And a little nauseated.
By the time I hit the corridor
I was watching the area spin!
I sat in a chair with my head
Between my knees
Then used a hand fan.
After about 15 minutes
I started feeling better.

The nurse blamed it on
How warm it was and no air circulation,
But we all know the real reason.
I am a giant goober!
I can pack a giant hole
In my stomach...
But a small bloody bandage...
Argh!

At 5pm,
I felt well enough to head home,
A pit stop at fabricland,
A quick stop to grab Tink,
Then a re-stop at Valleyview
To tell Dad he could call Mom,
A drop off at a friend's
And finally home.

I came home to find John
Cooking perogies for supper.
I grabbed some pjs
And headed for the recliner.

Big sigh of relaxation!
Where the heck did 9 hours go?????

Supper was yummy,
A visit from a friend,
A bath for Tink,
And the first 2 boxes of Christmas
Unpacked and out!

Bedtime.
Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts