Nov 8

08-11-2018

Coffee with Dad this morning.
A quick stop at Timmies
For a few yummy treats
And I was there in plenty of time.
Even though Dad forgot
That I was coming.

He had us all scared again.
He was off a little on Sunday
But seemed fine while
We were shopping Monday morning.
By Monday night he had devolped
A fever and slept for almost 24 hours.
He looked great today
And said he felt much better.
Thank goodness they started
The antibiotics asap.

Today's treat was a request
For Apple streudel.
I sat munching on my weekly
Chocolate chip muffin
While Dad devoured his requested treat.

I then showed him the beef stew
And crusty buns I had brought
For him and Tom for lunch!
That got a big smile.
Almost as big as the one he had
When I handed him a bag of
Yesterday's homemade cookies.

I set the guys up with their homemade
Lunch specials and packed up.
I headed off for my visit with Ray.
His wife is home tonight,
So my visits have come to an end.

Arrggghhhh off to pay a bunch of bills.
I paid Shooter's vet bill,
And that ends the story on my
Best buddy.

Grace Cafe was my next stop
Where I happily handed over $150
We had raised a couple weeks ago
Selling off some scrapbook items...
For them to buy a soup tureen!

Headed home to rest up.
Did some regular household stuff,
Dishes, laundry and straightening up.

Mom arrived at 6:30pm
To head over and pick up an order
That took Amazon less than 26 hours
To get to St Thomas!

Then we were off to Home hardware.
Haylee joined us and had a ball
Filling in ballots and eating samples
And winning at PLINKO.

None of us won any of the big prizes
But we had a lot of fun.

Another Open House tomorrow.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts