FEB 9

February 9th 2017

What an icky nights sleep!
I woke up sore all over.

Up and dressed by 9am,
I headed downstairs
determined to accomplish
at least some of my to do list.

Gave Mom a call to check in,
drank my tea
and I was off in the truck.

First stop,
Spicers (bakery) for some treats,
a cinnamon bun for Dad
and whip cream donuts for me.

Second stop,
off to Valleyview to see Dad.
Found him watching tv in his room,
so I dragged him down
to the lobby to have coffee
with the guys (he forgot).
We had a couple donuts,
and he was off for lunch.

Third stop,
the recreation director
to arrange the use of the front foyer
for Dad's birthday party.
All arranged meant
I could make the invites.

Fourth stop,
TD (love the drive thru)
to do some banking.

Fifth stop,
Staples for ink cartridges,
where I almost had a coronary
when they told me the total!
Lets just say our car loan
weekly is almost the same.

Sixth stop,
Dollar Tree for a few pick ups
on my to do list.

Seventh stop,
back home again,
I had lunch with hubby
and then sent him off to have
an afternoon nap before work.

Eighth stop,
the laptop to make birthday inserts,
return address labels
and a couple oversize
bulletin board invites.
A bit of trimming
and Mom would be able
to finish the invitations tonight.

Judy came home
just as John got up.
She went for a nap
(reserves night after an 8am shift)
and he left for work....

Ninth stop,
the sofa was where I placed myself
so I could finally finish
the chapter for book club tonight!

Tenth stop,
back in the truck,
I was off tot he book store
to pick up my copy of
"the Happiness Project".

Eleventh stop,
off to Timmies to say hi
to the girls at SMASH book night,
and drop off Mom's stuff.
I was showing her the labels
when we all realized
I PRINTED THEM ON THE
WRONG SIDE OF THE SHEET.
ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

Twelth stop,
late again but I made it to Pam's
for our monthly book club meeting.
This is a perfect group fit for me,
I feel safe to talk about things,
and we all seem to enjoy
working out the problems
the book is presenting.

Thirteenth stop,
home again I headed to the kitchen,
and whipped up a pasta dinner
for John to find in the microwave
when he finally gets home
around 6 in the am.

Fourteenth stop,
laundry room to get the load of whites
folded an put away,
along with a couple pieces
that got missed yesterday.

Fifteenth stop,
boooooo!
John did not make the bed
after he had a nap.
I sleep so much better
in a neat bed....
so 11:45pm and I am making my bed.

Sixteenth stop,
pharmaceutical drawer to find gravol
as my stomach is tossing
and I want it to stop and get some sleep.

Seventeenth stop,
this laptop to update my blog.....

Eighteenth stop,
SLEEP!

so,
good night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts