FEB 7

February 7th 2017

What a long night.
I was "almost asleep"
when the phone rang.
All I could say was no no no....
Judy came running in,
my cousin David passed away
peacefully holding
his husband's hand.

His future was laid out
when the diagnosis
of brain cancer was made
just a few weeks ago.

My heart goes out
to his husband Michael,
who spent his first night alone
in 20 something years.
David will be missed by him
for many years to come.

So a late night
as I spent an extra hour
making phone calls
and sending emails.

I was awake by 8am.
John couldn't sleep either,
so we both got up
and had some breakfast together.

Together we spent the next 90 minutes
sending memorial photos
to Michael and his family
for the DVD they are making
for the service this Saturday
in St Catharines.

I ran out and got some gas,
did some banking,
picked up 4 items at dollar tree,
stopped to see Dad
and fix a couple things for him,
then home and pooped.

After finishing some V day jobs,
I threw myself on the sofa,
vowing not to move until 4.
SUCESSFULLY!
Off to pack up
for a paint night fundraiser.

I have never done this before,
but really had fun
and would definitely do it again.
Mom had fun
but it was not her thing.
At least we tried something new.

Home in time to grab some pjs
and lay down with a book.

Book club chapter 2
is Thursday night... eeekkkkk

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts