FEB 18

February 18th 2017

My tour of London
today turned into an exhausting day
of shopping!

I started the day with a tea
and making a list.

I had an urgent need 
for some really good cannoli.
The only place I could think of 
was Angelos in north Londdon.
When Mom heard 
I was taking a road trip
and the weather was so incredibly nice,
she wanted to come too.

So,
our road trip began at Lens Mills,
then we headed for Angelos,
a quick stop at Shoppers
and then groceries at No Frills.
As we were headed back 
to St Thomas we decided
there was a need 
for a stop at Giant Tiger,
and then to Freshco.

Finally I got her home,
unloaded the van,
fixed her recliners 
(unplugging issue)
and finally headed home.

John was up and going,
so he helped me put away 
the groceries and pop,
when we decided to get 
the bit oflast running around done.

Off to TSC
for some paint that was on sale,
then Dollar Tree for some foil bakeware,
the liquor store for beer,
and FINALLY
my list was accomplished.

We came home,
and after cleaning up
the head of lettuce 
that the cat and dog apparently
had felt the need to eat,
I got down to the business
of making a mile high lasagna!
Almost 5" thick - unbaked -
and full of yummy.

I prepped 2 salads,
and got everything ready
for tomorrow's family day
when it is my turn again
to feed us,
and its Italian Sunday,
well it is until 2 anyway....

At around 3 we are expected
to be at Aunt Sandra's home
for Christmas dinner!
Yup, we usually have it in Jan,
but due to illness it got canceled
and moved to February.

At 7pm we headed over to Mom's,
so John could get back 
to setting up the tool shop.
I was EXHAUSTED.
I went in pjs and flopped in a chair
and did NOTHING.
I do not think I could have
even if I had been asked.

Home around 11pm,
I made a quick list of what I needed
to pack when I got up,
and threw myself into bed.
Guess what.....
naturally I was no longer so tired
I could not fall asleep.

So here I am,
blogging at a ridiculous hour.

Guess I will go try again.
Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts