FEB 6

February 6th 2017

Another 30 days passed,
so today was infusion day.

EARLY morning start...
after a fitful night of sleep.
Ugly o'clock came
and I had no choice but to get going,
as I had to be in north London
by 9am to be on time.

Grabbed my stuff
and half way there
grabbed an egg mcmuffin breakfast.
This in itself is rare
but I was starving and wanted a tea too.

I was a couple minutes early
so stopped at my GP
who is on the same floor
as my infusion clinic is,
and asked for a prescription refill.

IV in fairly easily,
bloodwork done,
and the guy in the chair next to me,
has brought a movie....
I finally seen SPY
with Melissa McCarthy.
I had a window shadow
but it was pretty good anyway.
Will have to rewatch it.

The infusion was done just after 11,
so I headed out for some groceries.
A pit stop at No Frills
loaded the truck up....oops.
It was not intentional,
but I did not just buy.
I buy meals I make up
with what I find on sale.

This week,
scalloped potatoes, ham and broccoli
because the broccoli crowns
were on for a super price
AND I found a ham on sale.

We are also having fresh hamburgers,
because ground beef was on sale,
and I found Toscana buns
on the reduced rack in the bakery.
I also decided we were having
meatloaf at some point this week too!

Stocked up on some veggies
and some fruits.
Replaced all our dairy.
Pizza's were on so I grabbed a couple
as its easy for John to cook
when he gets home at 6am.

Cauliflower
because it looked so good.
I had that (and only that)
for supper tonight.

The rest was things like
water, cat food, cat litter,
tp, Kleenex
and some frozen yogurt.

I got home pooped.
John emptied the truck,
and I finished making
the lunch he had started preparing
just before I got home.

Lunch was nice and simple,
tuna sandwiches and cheesies.
(I have had a craving)
I was just about to go lay down
when John announced he was.
So I let him go,
and then it was on.....

delivered Tupperware
made homemade burgers
made a meatloaf
wrapped valentines gifts
chatted online
put away groceries
cleaned the fridge
recycled
gathered garbage all over
did 2 loads of laundry
did a load of dishes
made crock pot of scalloped potatoes
ran to the dollar store
got John off to work
cleaned the back bathroom
cleaned the living room
straightened the front porch
checked in with Aunt Sandra
finally got the water cooler jug refilled
cleaned the tv room
received Tupperware orders
talked to Helen when she picked up
organized our vehicle for IKEA trip
checked in with mom
ordered roses for dad to give mom

and then at 9
set the table for Judy and Greg
who I had made dinner for,
and left the last few dishes soaking
hoping someone would take the hint.
(they did)

Going to message John
and read a book
as it is now 9:30pm
and I am fully exhausted
and body sore......

Time to chill for the night.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts