aug6

August 6th 2016

A great day!
Too warm to do everything
that I wanted to accomplish...



but still a really good day.

I have been thinking lately
about weddings and such
for the last bit of time,
as I have been or am going to be
a part of so many this summer.

The saying goes
"you only get to do it once"
and its funny,
but my wedding 25 years ago
is still exactly what I wanted,
the only changes?
the organist at the church
and the dj at the reception!

I am glad we did not try
to go over the top,
or try to fit some mold
of the perfect wedding.
What you now see on tv
is not what is important years later.
I have not only great memories
of the special day,
I still have the ring on my finger
and husband by my side
to know we did it right!

Today I did some chores,
had a bbq with the family,
and we learnt that the four of us
are not "smarter than a 5th grader".


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts