aug24 The day after

August 24th 2016 PM

Yup it is no surprise
that I had a great day.














So much prep time for the small things,
paid off with many compliments
about the details I cherish.
Being able to reuse
the exact items we had used
the day of our wedding,
brought back strong emotions
in a lot of people.

The cake and the cupcakes were amazing.
There are no words to express,
how well the Bake-E-Ree
managed to replicate the top tier
of my original wedding cake.
That cake was created by
my Mother and Godmother
and is as much a part of my memories
as the ceremony itself.
I loved it then
and I appreciate the effort that went into
recreating it for us today.
The cupcakes were so delicious,
I think I could have charged for them,
and had REAL butter cream icing,
which was over and above
what I had hoped for.
Thank you to KWS Sweet Treats
for the hard work
and love you put into them,
and allowing Judy to help create them.















The ceremony was relaxed
and only a half hour long.
John's gift to me was my wedding band.
On our wedding day we exchanged rings,
I had taken his and had it engraved.
He did not.
BUT!
Today I got my band back
and he had engraved 25 years of love
on the inside for me.

He gave me flowers and a card too!
Probably could count on 1 hand
how often he does that,
so it was special to me.

I headed to the reception hall
and finished the last minute touches
that made the hall what I wanted,
ordered a drink,
and sat back to enjoy my day.

So many people came
to celebrate with us.
Many many in person,
and many more by email.
We appreciate everyone's love
and wishes on our anniversary
and hope to spend many more years,
celebrating with all of you.

John was sent home at 8pm to sleep
as he had to work at midnight
(which we missed and he overslept).
When I got home,
I could barely move!
I fell on the bed at 11
and sleep came quickly.


So very exhausted (still),
Good afternoon from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts