aug22

August 22nd 2016

I am flabbergasted.
It is 2 days until the anniversary party
and I have 2 chores to do tomorrow
and 1 is paint my toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Everything is boxed,
premade,
organized and planned out.
By 8pm tomorrow night,
I shall be pampering myself
and going to bed early.

It's been a comedy of sorts
getting to this point.
We were not even supposed to be
in the country this week!
We were supposed to be on
an Alaskan cruise,
which changed to a Cuban vacation,
which changed suddenly to a Disney vacation.
The only weeks John could get off
were the first 2 weeks of September,
so suddenly we were going to be home.

I decided I wanted to have the celebration mass
ACTUALLY ON
the day we got married.
That happened to be a Wednesday,
and I didn't care.
I liked the idea of a small celebration
at the church
and cake and coffee after supper.

THAT
changed after we started getting
RSVP's from many
and the weather decided
that really, really hot
was going to be the norm this year,
forced a quick change of venue.
We were very lucky
that the Roadhouse in St Thomas
was able to accommodate us.

BUT
now we had a hall,
no decorations etc. had even been thought of
as we were originally
just doing cake and coffee
in the backyard!

I decided to pull everything I had
from our actual wedding
and try to use as much as I could.
Surprisingly,
I had a lot more than I thought.
I have been plodding away at the list
and realized today
I actually got to the bottom!


Amongst
all the other events happening,
I actually got this party together.
Funny sidenote:
I had given John and Judy
the job of keeping me under budget
and not go overboard.
Today John called me on it.....
Know what he thought was overboard?
car pom poms!
Yup to him,
I had gone over the line.

Anyway,
I am off to bed.
John has to go to work.
I get the whole bed back tonight.

Good night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts