aug27

August 27th 2016

How to function
when your body says "nope".















I woke up this morning
and laid there wondering
how in the world I would get through
the whole day feeling like this.

It is bad enough to feel this way
but my ankles were swollen
and my facial rash looked awful.

Well a shower didn't do much,
Tylenol taken wasn't working yet,
so I focused on the fact
that John was not home yet,
which is odd for a Saturday morning
and a morning we were on
a tight schedule.

I was fully dressed with hair
and makeup packed,
downstairs and had gathered the gifts
and everything we needed to take,
AND
I had chosen his clothes,
when he final arrived just after 10.
He was relaxed
and I tried, but we needed to be
at the church at 1 in Beamsville
which is 2 hours away
when traffic is perfect.
I loaded the car,
and realized we had to go
get the glads from the florist still!

So off we went,
timing was tight but we should be fine,
and then we hit traffic.
Red Hill Parkway was slow,
QEW was stopped
the off ramp we chose was packed,
and the street the church was on
has construction lights..... fantastic.

We did get there about 10 minutes late.
Lovely mass and each of her children
had a part in it.
We left there and got John laid down
and Dad relaxing
while Mom and I went
to the afternoon reception.

Mom got sick about 20 minutes after we ate.
I got her home and some gravol in her,
and she laid down.

We all headed back about 5:30
for the dinner portion of the day.
Other than being cold,
Mom was feeling a bit better,
Dad was a little grumpy,
and as John was not drinking
he was rather a bore.

Dinner was a buffet and had lovely choices.
The tent was beautifully decorated,
open bar, and almost 3 hours of speeches.
Then there were fireworks.
We took our leave as the dancing started
and headed home.

My body was rebelling the whole way,
I had to pee, I was cold then hot,
my legs were bouncing
like Mexican jumping beans,
but the ride was smooth
and we were home by midnight,
after hitting some rain in Woodstock.

My bed has never felt so good.
I have decided I am taking tomorrow off.
PJ day.
Dinner is all the leftover bags of things
in the freezer, so it will be quite a buffet.

Good night from me, exhausted on John Street/


Comments

Popular Posts