nov9

November 9th 2015

The first day of decorating.
We are starting in the kitchen,
naturally,
we are finding repairs needed to do
as we go along
so it is slowing us down.

But the armoire top is decorated,
and all 3 antique sleds have been found
and placed on top of the cupboards.
I continue to haggle with myself
about what I will do with them this year
but have come up blank,
so although everything has been divided
and is in place,
I have not actually decorated up there.

The center of the room is another quandary.
I did it in snowflakes last year,
but personally was not impressed with the final product.
I am trying to be creative,
but I got nothing right now.

All the linens, stove covers, pictures
and table covers are out,
and all the regular stuff put away.
The window has snowflakes,
but again needs something more,
before I let John seal up the window with plastic.

I spent the night relaxing in my room
watching a couple movies.
No one making jokes,
talking,
or asking me questions.
It was lovely.

Good Night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts