nov10

November 10th 2015

Part of the fun I have during the holidays,
is doing the unexpected!
Small things I do bring me great joy.

Like giving Pam
her special Christmas scissors today
that I have been waiting 11 months to do!
She always thought that having
snowman, Christmas tree and santa scissors
was a riot!
Now she has her own holiday scissors.

I also like tradition.
The traditions surrounding Christmas
are almost more important to me
than gift giving!
Decorating my house with the 7 trees
brings me joy.

But who doesn't love a gift???
I like the sameness of giving Deb
a bottle of Spumante for a gift,
and receiving the same from her.

I love that giving our neighbour Rod,
a bottle of hazelnut creamer
ON Christmas morning before we open our gifts,
has become a special thing for him too!
(even though we were really late delivering
2 years ago and his first coffee had no flavoured cream!)

So
tonight I posted the Cards for Seniors challenge.
It is receiving great response.
If you have never experienced,
how immensely quiet,
and person-less a retirement home is...
Count yourself lucky.

After Dad's stroke 6 years ago,
I spent A LOT of time in Parkwood
and at Valleyview.
It deeply saddens me how few of the residents
had someone come to see them.
I was there everyday
and can tell you from experience,
some of those people have no-one.

So I ask you now,
join our little mission.
Call your local home,
get the number of residents they have,
and send enough cards,
signed Love Santa
so no one goes without a little cheer
this coming holiday.

Soapbox tucked away again,
I spent today making crafty gifts,
creating events,
organizing my kitchen,
visiting with Joc,
driving a semi blinded person around,
and sitting waiting to have dinner.

Yup,
I am living the dream.

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts